Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Being Ignored, etc.

I really hate getting ignored. I have broken up with an BF because he would ignore me if he thinks there is an issue he would rather avoid. He would not answer his emails or phone calls. He would not return my messages. He always said I would get over it but obviously I never get over it. I have cut off two "friends" because they have ignored my attempts to maintain friendship via emails, texts or phone messages. I figured if they are too busy or self absorbed for me, then they are not worth being my friend.

These new waves of getting ignored comes in the form of guy I chatted with in gay.com. On one occasion, this guy Johnny whom I have chatted with for a while finally agreed to meet for coffee or drinks. So one week leading to the said date, I gave him my email and phone number in case we don't get to see each other online. So there is a way to communicate. 4 days leading to the date, he discovered that I was eating fish for dinner. Evidently he hated the smell of fish on him and guys he kisses. So he told me not to eat fish on the day of our meeting. I was surprise for such an order that I told him I would not if I am planning on kissing him. After all I have not met him in person and we might not even hit if off let alone kiss. In hindsight, I now know this did not sit well with him cause he had since ignored my attempts to chat with him 2 and 1 days leading to the said date. He could have made a fake excuse of being unable to make it or told me the truth but he instead went for the ignoring me route. Oh well. Better know a major flaw now before I get too involved with him. Needless to say, he is no longer a chat friend of mine.

Another instance was with this guy Scott. We chatted and he suggested on two occasions that we should meet for drinks. So we exchanged text messages to have each others numbers. On the day of our said date, I texted him twice about it but got no response. That evening I saw him online in gay.com. I proceeded to message him but did not get a response also. But one thing I noticed, 2 hours after I first messaged him, he had added two new "friends" in his profile. So that meant he was in front of him computer and actively chatting that evening. So there is no way he could not have seen my attempts to chat with him. He just choose to ignore me. Perhaps he changed his mind about the date or perhaps he got too greedy with other prospective guys to "meet". But in either case, he choose to ignore me both online and via text. That is a major deal breaker. It shows no regards at all for my feelings. And that translates that he is an ASS.

As a decent person that I strive to be, I always try to put myself in another person's situation. Since I totally abhor being ignored, I would never do it to another person. In many instances, even if I had major reservations about a said blind date, I still went ahead and met up with the guy since I agreed to do it. I value my word of honor and these days some people seems to be wanting of this good quality. Some thinks that since it is just online, they can agreed to things they don't mean to follow through doing. That just shows a character flaw and frankly, I do not want anything to do with that kind of person.

4 comments:

Jon said...

thanks gay. u prolly can relate.

Cecilia said...

I soooo agree with your statement, "I figured if they are too busy or self absorbed for me, then they are not worth being my friend." What's irritating is when I make all the effort to keep in touch and they don't. At some point, I start to feel like an idiot for doing all the work. So much for friendships being a two-way street. And man, the excuses why they can't keep in touch!

So yes, I DEFINITELY agree with your statement. :D (Obviously, I feel intensely about it, huh!)

Cecilia said...

Oh, and in this day and age when there are so many ways and means to keep in touch??? Puh-lease! I'd rather be in touch with those who don't ignore my efforts to keep the friendship alive.

Thanks for this post.

Jon said...

I couldn't agree more cez. Friendship is a two way street.