Monday, April 13, 2009

Should I be more like Frank???

My friend Frank is currently dating Noel. Their relationship seems a healthy stable one and I am very pleased for them. Prior to meeting Noel, Frank was interested with this guy Andy. Andy did not return the interest so they just ended being friends. A few months later at Frank's Christmas party, Andy showed up with his new BF Mario. I have not met Mario before but Frank has. I was keen to observe that Mario looks just like Frank. They both have dark hair and eyes. Both olive skin and curly haired so common with people of Greek heritage. I could not comprehend how Frank can be Ok with this. I supposed that Frank have Noel so he is OK with Andy having Mario. But to my eyes, Andy's rejection of Frank and to date Mario who looks just like Frank is rather insulting. I would have avoided Andy if this happened to him. More like a self preservation instinct but Frank embraced Andy instead as a friend. Frank even invited Andy and his bf to go out of town for a weekend trip with him and Noel.

This situation I observed with my friend Frank made me rethink the way I deal with my own heartache. Am I being too proud that I am missing out on the bigger picture? Or am I being wise by avoiding things that reminded me of the cruel reality of life? I am inclined to be stubborn and do as I always do. But I knows that there will always be a voice in my head questioning my actions. Perhaps I need to be more like Frank. Or not...

No comments: