Friday, April 10, 2009

upstairs neighbor

I do not like my upstairs neighbor but we have a stable relationship. As long as she does not complain on whatever sound I may create, I won't complain on her noise. As long as it is not the extreme. I will tolerate the normal stuff that one does inside their apartment. This includes normal music/TV, normal conversation, normal vacumming/cleaning and normal footsteps. I will even tolerate the yelling I hear when she fights with her daughter. And the colorful language I have heard from the 15 years we have been neighbors. Since the daughter was little, I have heard her scream profanities to the child the likes of "you fucking whore" "I hate you" "bitch". Let me not digress further. The only time I mentioned something to her was when her daughter was playing soccer inside the room. So I was hearing the ball bouncing back and fort on my ceiling. She has then instructed the child to cease that activity which was a relief. I still hear some unusual activity that I could not determine what. Like a dog chasing after a hard toy around. I let it go cause I am a late person by nature so I stay up till 1 or 2 AM usually. This means she may hear me walking around my apartment in the wee hours of the morning.

She has always been an odd person to say the least. One time when there was water leaking on the ceiling of my tub, I went up to inquire about it. I was thinking perhaps she forgot the water running on the tub or spilled a large amount of water in the bathroom. But she would not answer the door when I knocked. I could hear her moving around in her apartment from downstair so she is in the apartment for sure and awake. Another time I went up to discuss calmly the extreme noise her daughter was making and she did not answer the door then too. I know they were home cause I heard them yelling at each other. And in both of those instance, I was just normally knocking at the door and calling for her in a normal tone. I was not at all banging or yelling at her door. Another time, she was apologizing to me for parking in her space right next to mine. She normally parks in the street but decided to use her spot at that time. I was dumbfounded. Why was she apologizing for using her rightful space to park her car? Granted that it is easier for me to park my vehicle when she is not there, but I certainly do not have the right to expect her to park in the streets all the time for my comfort. Very weird.

2 comments: