Sunday, June 28, 2009

blogging material from a chat

Most of my blog material comes from my life experience. And since I do spend enough time online chatting, my latest experience online gave me some blogging material.

Just this afternoon I was chatting with this guy. He was nice looking and flirty. Then we got to talk about the kind of guys we are physically attracted to. I told him my preference which included a smooth body more over a hairy body. He added that he is hairy and is disqualified. At this point, I was not writing him off so I asked about how hairy he is. Then the chat turned 180. He got unfriendly and even hostile. So I asked him what just happened. He went on indirectly insulting me about rejecting him for being hairy. To be honest, I was going to overlook the fact that he is so hairy if he has a great personality. But it was too late. He just revealed an unattractive side of his personality. Obviously he was rejected before for being hairy that my inquiry about it triggered that defensive side of him. He projected that anger and came to the conclusion that I was rejecting him. I am not going to lie that I am not attracted to a very hairy guy but it is not something that is a deal breaker. I have lately softened my opinion on it.

Several conclusion I came out of this. Well more like a reinforcement of what I deep down already knew. Online chat is so limited that face to face conversation can offer. There is the tone and body language which can say a lot about the situation or circumstances. Another thing is that initial reactions of a person from certain situation can reveal a deeper issue of that person. Like this guy in my online chat this afternoon. He just revealed to me that he is quick to anger and that is definitely a deal breaker for me. Another thing is that unless we decide to live as a hermit in a cave somewhere in the boonies, we should be prepared to encounter crazy or unreasonable people. So just live and learn from it. And lastly, in life we will encounter reaction from people that may seem unreasonable but if we think about it more, this reaction is just a product of his life experiences. And it gives me more reason for self study and analysis so that I may be able to react reasonably to others despite of my own life experiences.

No comments: