Monday, April 12, 2010

Blogging and me - the relentless spammers.

Once in a while I will received some random comments in my blog from random people. Often their comments does not even seem to reflect the blog itself or it is too generic to be sure that it refers to the particular blog entry. And one thing that is common about these random comments is the link in their comments. Sometimes the link will be on some random word or even on the punctuation marks that are repeated several times. It is obvious to me that these random comments are from spammers. They are either trying to trick people into inadvertently clicking on the link that leads to some website being promoted. Worse if clicking on these link gives people viruses and spyware. It is amazing and annoying how these spammers are so relentless in promoting their website. They won't stop at nothing. First they infiltrate friendster and myspace, now even my personal blogs are being targeted. Of course I never allow these comments to be posted. I want my blog to be spam free. And I have even configured it now that people can not include links in their comments. Hope this will be the last I see spammers in my blog.

No comments: