Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blogging and me: Glad to have my own blog

Long time ago, I contributed to my friends Blog. Two of my friends manage the blog and I was one of the contributing author. One of my blog entry then was about this Filipino actress who we called frenemy amongst ourselves. It has something to do with the fact that she was not gracious and friendly to one of us Filipino in one of those stage door situations. And my blog entry was an announcement that the fenemy was coming to perform at a certain location. One of the blog manager thought we should not mention fenemy in the blog so I took down the entry without further discussion. But it did not end there cause the blog manager hinted that the readership for that particular day when I had that fenemy entry declined because of it. I thought it was a rather ridiculous accusation cause if my blog was really objectionable to the readers, the declining effect would not be on that day but days or weeks later. People would have to read the blog to find it objectionable and if they read the blog, it will register on the readership stats. So the decline of readership for that day would not have been from my particular entry for that same day.

This incident was just one of the several incidents that made me decide to contribute less and less till the day came when I removed myself entirely from their blog. I wish them success in their blog but I am very glad I had my own blog. This way I suffer no censorship/editorial and I have complete artistic control on what goes in my blog.

No comments: