Friday, September 30, 2011

Poetry by J: Pains from the indecisive lover

The affairs of this world are full of woes.
To great intensity, they involve the heart.
Aches and pains thy faculties can't let go.
Akin to cancer, they grow like hideous warts.

So gentle fellow, I pray for thy infinite kindness.
cease the torture on my frail punished soul.
For my senses commence to betray me, it is blindness.
Until death himself abducts me for his avid ghoul.

I besiege thee, halt thy advances, halt thy retreat!
For thy action becomes a daunting pendulum.
Thou art a madman, entrench thy buttocks to a seat.
Speak thy final wisdom, and end my malignant gloom.

Whatever flourishes yonder, It becomes me to know.
For my ship is ready to depart these treacherous shores.
The hopeful sun is sleepy, I need that trailing glow.
To venture to a loving pasture, and weep for thee no more...



PS: I think I wrote this in my early college days. I do not know what the source of the inspiration for I have not experience love and betrayal at time.

No comments: