Friday, November 18, 2011

Greatest Show on Earth, for kids

It is called the Greatest Show on Earth but I will definitely amend that to the Greatest Show on Earth for prepubescent kids. I am talking about the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus show Fully charged at the United Center here in Chicago. I brought my mom to see this show cause I know she will enjoy the visual stimulation with very little listening needed.
The show indeed was enjoyable enough but definitely not the greatest show for me or any normal adult for that matter. There were the usual performances you expect at a circus. Jugglers, tight rope walker, stick walker, tumblers, trained elephants/tigers/horses, burning human arrow and clowns. Yes... Lots and lots of clowns. They used the clowns as filler when they prepare for the next act. It became tedious for me to see all those clowns and I did not find them humorous at all. Perhaps if I was 10, I would have enjoyed the clowns. The Elephant act was very entertaining and the tight rope walking act was nerve racking. The tumblers were eye candies as far as I am concern. Think of those smooth, very cut Russian male gymnast doing their tumbling acts shirtless. I was diverted.
So all in all the show was so so for me. Knowing what I know now about it, I would have been fine missing it. Definitely it is a good show to bring kids to but not for adults.

No comments: