Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pet Peeve - It's left turn Green light still so don't cross yet!

Have you ever tried to make a left turn but found your way blocked by crossing pedestrians who are not suppose to be crossing yet since you had the GREEN left arrow and they still have the RED "don't walk" light? I bet you have and was that super annoying? Specially when traffic is heavy and you really just want to get on your way.

This scenario happens a lot downtown along Michigan Avenue. Considering that there are always hoards of people there crossing the streets, this situation is the mainstay rather than the exception. Well two weekends ago while I was in Michigan Avenue on a Saturday evening trying to go to my theatre, I was in this situation. And did I give way to the pedestrians who do not know how to follow the traffic lights as I was trying to make my left turn? Bet your bottom dollar I did not! I honked my horns repeatedly at them to let them know that I had the right of way and they should wait for their GREEN "walk" light. To hell with yielding to pedestrian. Those idiots did stop and let me go through as dictated by the lights.

No comments: