Friday, December 16, 2011

Poz and not into Asians.

I encountered this guy's profile in Manhunt (batteriesnotreq) and Grindr. In both sites, he declared he is NOT into Asians. His Manhunt profile reads:

*READ THIS* I DONT REPLY TO WINKS! Get a personality and hit on me for Christ's sake!
I'm not a "daddy"....I'm more a "creepy uncle who drinks"!...
I'm looking for workout/running buddies. Kinky Hung Vers Bttm here, I'm not into Asians or guys older then 40.


His profile sounds like he is not only a racist but an ageist too. I am wondering how somebody who is middle age (41) and HIV positive gets to be so prejudice? I would think being older and Poz, he would get discriminated enough that he can be more tolerant to Asians and older guys. Perhaps he got at lot of attention from older Asians that he is just tired of it? Who knows why he has to phrase his preference in such a negative way. He could have said "prefer to meet younger white, latino and black guys". That would sound less prejudice than "not into Asians or guys older than 40". He makes it sound like Asians and >40 yo guys are so disgusting. Oh well, to each his own I say. If he wants to sound like a jerk, then it is his prerogative. My only consolation is that his situation is not going to get better. He will get older and get AIDS eventually. By then, not even older Asians will bother with him. Then perhaps he will learn to be more tolerant.

No comments: