Tuesday, January 10, 2012

7-11 I stopped going to.

As I was walking Janet this afternoon by the 7-11 near my home, I got reminded of why I have stopped patronizing that 7-11. It was last spring when I would walk Janet to the 7-11 and tie her outside while I hurriedly buy my lotto tickets. In one of those occasion, the cashier told me to wait while she checks out the people behind me first. I thought it was not fair cause it was my turn to get service but I did not say anything and went along with it. Then several days later when I returned to the 7-11 while walking Janet, I was told again by the same cashier to wait while she checks out the people who were buying things behind me before she sells me the lotto tickets. Well that time I was not taking it anymore. It was my turn and I wanted fair treatment. Besides, I was in a hurry to get back to Janet outside before she got dognapped. So I told her it was not OK and left without buying the lotto tickets. When I got home, I wrote an email to the 7-11 corporate office on their website and relayed my experience. I mentioned that if that particular 7-11 franchise would give preferential treatment to buyers of things over buyers of lotto, then they should just stop selling lotto altogether. The next day, I got a call from the manager of the said 7-11. He apologized and offered me a free lotto ticket that I could pick up to make up for my discontentment. But I did not go back to pick up my free lotto ticket. In fact I never returned to that 7-11 again. I was just not inclined to give them my business when there are other 7-11 I could patronize. Their lost I say.

No comments: