Monday, January 27, 2014

Not too disappointed with the Aussie Open results.

Normally, any major that did not have the Bryan Brothers and Serena winning is a let down.  Which should have been the case with the 2014 Australian Open but I am actually OK with the results.   Why?  Well for starters, Maria Shriekapova got eliminated in the 4th round.  So the fact that she was not the champion, it was ok by me.  Then Victoria Screamarenka also got eliminated in the quarterfinals.  I hate her less but she is just as annoyingly loud.  Then that arrogant Novak Djokovic got beaten by Stanimal Wawrinka in the Quarterfinals.  That means he would not be able to defend his crown.  That was a plus too!  The eventual ladies Champion Li Na was very deserving in my book.  Asian power I say.   Li Na silenced Cibulkova who I am just noticing now to be a loud grunter too.  So I say not a very disappointing fortnight at Melbourne.

No comments: