Sunday, May 25, 2008

Deal Breaker

There are things in a relationship or potential relationship that we all can not cope with. These are the deal breakers. I do have my deal breaker list. I have listed them into two categories. One is the absolute deal breaker which are non-negotiable. The second is the relative deal breaker which can go either way. It can either be salvage or not.

ABSOLUTE DEAL BREAKERS:
- He is hung like a horse and is only a top. No way! Funny, I know guys who list this on their
must have.
- He does not communicate. A relationship is doomed if there is no communication.
- He is poor and has no direction in life. Meaning he is not working on some plan to improve his
financial situation. Been there done that... no thanks.
- He does not honor his words. I am fed up with guys who says one thing and does another.
Just being online, I have chatted with guys who agrees to meet up for a drink or something but never follow through. Are they liars? Perhaps they are, perhaps they just don't take seriously
the commitments they gave. I have no patience for being stood up. I can understand if
something important came up, just explain yourself even if it is after the fact.
- Body odor and bad breath. Sometimes these things are just irreversible.
- Thick dense hair in his entire back... enough said there.
- Complete closet case. Being out to family and friends is important to me. If I am in a serious
relationship with a guy, I need to be a part of his life and not some secret that he needs to
hide.
- If I am just a consolation prize and he will bail out in a heart beat if he can be with the one he
truly yearns for, I am not even going to go there.
- A violent person with a volatile temper. I am not going to be a beaten husband. No drama in
my life please.
- Under 21 and over 50. I am not even explaining the under 21 but with the over 50, I will say
no to that for now. I will probably change my mind on it as I approach 50 myself.

RELATIVE DEAL BREAKERS:
- Some chest hair. I prefer them smooth chested but if they have some chest hair, I can turn
the other way if their personality is great.
- Facial hair. I can forgive a goatee or 4 o'clock shadow. Not just a 70's mustache.
- A little overweight or too skinny. Nobody is perfect. If the face is handsome, I can deal with
the imperfect body. I put more face value on the face.
- Semi closeted but on his way to coming out.
- Guys who never reciprocate the interest. I have no problem pursuing or wooing a guy but if I
am the only one showing interest and he is being passive, I will walk away from it.
- Guys who are interested with several men and I have to compete for their affection. This I don't tolerate well. I have no desire to be in a gay "The Bachelor".
- Under 25 and over 45 years old. If he is under 25, he better be mature for his age. And if he is
over 45, he better look good for his age.
- He is on medication for some psychological problem. As long as the "problem" is controlled.
Again, no drama in my life please.
- Poor hygiene. As long as this can be corrected, I will give it a go.
- Picky eater or a vegetarian. I love food and I like cooking for my man. But if he is too picky, it
can be tricky. And let me just say I prefer a meat eater.
- He is a slob in the house. I like a neat and orderly place. I can not cohabitate with someone
who is a complete slob. But I can meet half way with this person if we are to cohabitate.
- He cheats on me once. Yes, to err is human but you only got one chance baby.
- Still too "involved" with his ex. He spend 90% of this free time with his ex. He has solo pictures of his ex in his room. He has a website with pics of his ex. Makes me think he is not over his ex. Hmmm. This requires further investigation on what his ex is really to him at the moment.
- Fabio like hair. He needs to be perfect in other aspect for me to go out with a long haired guy. Just imagine making love to him then he flicks his hair like in those shampoo commercials? That will definitely make me soft.

No comments: