Monday, May 05, 2008

Do I like what I do?

Whenever a new acquaintance or my patients ask me if I like what I do, I have no difficulty is giving them a "it's OK" answer. I have long recognized that Physical Therapy is not my passion in life. Don't get me wrong, I am very good at what I do but if I do not have pragmatic reasons to be in it, I most definitely won't. I feel those who does what they passionately like to be very lucky. For the rest of us, our job/profession is more of a practical choice. Now if you ask what is my passion? I don't think I have found that one passion. I don't think that we are limited to one passion. For me, I do have several things that I like. Performance arts is one of them. I would like to have studied theater arts or music. Another thing I like is languages. If I was born with a golden spoon, I would just enroll in all those languages and be fluent in them. Coupled with learning different languages is traveling to those places that speak the language. I would immerse myself to the local culture. I do like to travel and see different places.
Now let's say hypothetically I get to do those things I listed above, do you think I will never get tired of it? Will I ever reach a point that I would be looking at some other things that I might think I am more passionate about?

No comments: