Sunday, January 11, 2009

National debt.

I am not a the smartest person when it comes to politics and the economy. I don't pretend to know the inner workings of the recent national economy but one thing I know about the last 3 decades, the economy was good when a democrat held the presidency. Mediamatters.org report state that by the end of 2009 the gross federal debt is projected to reach $9.93 trillion, whereas in 2000, the gross federal debt was $5.63 trillion when George W Bush took office. As you can see in the chart above I took from zfacts.com, the national debt reached its lowest point after the Carter era. And when the Reagan and older Bush era began, it went up. When Clinton took office, it went down again. Then when the current Bush took office, it went up again. What does that say about your president and the party it belongs to? I don't know. You come up with your conclusion.

No comments: