Friday, January 23, 2009

The ugly Serbian returns.

I have not been a big fan of Novak Djokovic of late. As I mentioned in my earlier blog about him, I think he has gotten really arrogant. And to prove my point, here is a transcript of the interview he had after his second round match (1-21-09) in the Australian Open. You can tell he was annoyed that Andy Murray is getting a lot of attention over him.

"Q. Last year everyone was talking about you as sort of the third man after Rafa and Roger. Now it's Andy as the third man. Do you get that sense?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Why Andy?

Q. Because he's the one being talked about as the third challenger.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: What's his ranking and my ranking?

Q. I'm not going on the ranking system.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: The thing is that you cannot put somebody, I mean, all the respect to Andy, I like him as a person and as a player. He's done a lot in the last couple months, and he's a very talented player and we can expect him to win some Grand Slams in the future.
But you cannot put him as the favorites next to Roger and Rafa and myself here at Australian Open."

No comments: