Saturday, March 07, 2009

Being noticed feels good.

I went out to Charlies last night. OK I fess up that my motivation for going out is to meet people. Perhaps as friends, perhaps as potential dates. Only about 20% of the time I go out do I actually meet somebody. So I sometimes wonder why I even do it. Being the optimist that I strive to be, I dragged myself out. As it turned out, it was a good night that made me feel good about myself. A group of filipino guys were friendly to me. Not sure if some of them were interested. This guy who was not really my type was dancing close to me. I could tell he was trying to angle himself to me if I gave him enough encouragement. And this cute young guy actually came and talked to me. Then he went back to the dance floor to his friends. Even though I did not get any number and went home alone, I was pretty happy about my outing. It feels good to be noticed. And certainly it is a good boost to my self esteem.

No comments: