Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Pet Peeve - Hyphenated names.

For me, it is rather a simple choice to either keeping your own name or taking your husband's name. These hyphenated name is just confusing to people specially those that have to work with legal documents and medical records. ID says one name and Insurance Card says another. Worst if they got divorced and returned to their maiden name dropping the hyphenated names. How many hours do we waste looking for charts and records just because of these name confusion? Ay vey!

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Oooops! Guilty as charged!

Jon said...

Hahaha. Guess it's ok as long as all your documents/IDs are consistent with your hyphenated name and you stick to it. The confusion lies when it's not. I felt bad attacking your choice cause I like you Cez. hahaha

Cecilia said...

No need to feel bad. It's a choice every woman has to make. :D And yes, all my documents are consistent. Just couldn't let go of the last name I've had for years. Hubby actually doesn't mind whether or not I use his last name as long as our kids carry his name.