Sunday, July 05, 2009

Serena got it all

My heart goes for Andy Roddick. He played excellent tennis today at the Wimbledon Gentlemen's finals but Roger Federer outplayed him by only two games. Both players had two sets each with the 5th set score at 16-14. I did not realized I wanted Andy so badly to win that watching the match was too much for me to bare. I was a nervous wreck that I have to turn off the TV and not rather know until it was over. Don't give up Andy. You are destined for another grand slam. I know it in my heart. Congratulations Roger for a record 15 grand slams title. You are the greatest male tennis player indeed. Perhaps retirement would be nice?

The Bryan brothers did not fair as well as I hoped it to be. They got beat by Nestor and Zimonjic in the Gentlemen's Doubles final. Look ahead Mike and Bob. There is the US Open for you guys.


And the clear winner for this year's Wimbledon would be Serena Williams. Not only did she outplay her sister Venus in the Ladies final, she also got the Ladies Doubles final title along with Venus. You go girl. You may be ranked number 2 but clearly we know who is the true number 1.

Wimbledon 2009 was good to the Americans. Not only did the Williams sisters sweep the titles in the Ladies side, the men were not too shabby either for being runner up. Too bad it was not an all american sweep. That would have been sweet for the 4th of July celebration.

No comments: