Saturday, March 20, 2010

Just getting what I paid for.

Many months ago, I bought a refilled printer cartridge from Cartridge World. When I tried to use them the other night, it was all dried up and did not work. I do not have my receipt anymore so I could not return it. And besides, it was bought many months ago. I do not even know when for sure. When I went to Cartridge World to inquire if those printer cartridge they sell have a shelf life, the lady said it should be ok within 6 months. Obviously I did not know this cause their cartridge did not have an expiration date posted nor did they alert me about that fact. So I felt cheated of buying a cartridge I have planned to save for later use. Had I known the fact that I can not store a refilled cartridge for more than 6 months, I would not have bought it back then. So as I step out of the store, I saw the sign posted in their window that says "100% satisfaction guarantee". Well, I was 100% dissatisfied with the product I bought from them. So 2 days later, I bought a new refilled printer cartridge from them and clarified what their 100% satisfaction guarantee covers. After making sure that I could return a cartridge that is dried up, I quietly left their store with the intent to return the one I bought many months ago using the receipt I have from this new recent purchase. And I just did that today. I went there with the old dried up cartridge I got from them many months ago and exchanged it with a newly refilled one. At least I got exactly what I paid for. I perfectly feel I am not cheating them. I feel justified with my actions. Now I just have to make sure to use my printer more so this new refilled cartridge do not dry up on me again. And also make sure to just buy printer cartridge when I need it.

No comments: