Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Men tainted by association

Have you somewhat like a guy and then changed your mind when you found out who he liked or dated? For me and my friend, it has happened.

My friend somewhat liked this guy Jeff and Jeff did like my friend too. But when my friend found out that Jeff thought this one really muscular, but short and ugly, thai guy is really HOT, my friend lost interest in Jeff. Somehow, my friend's perception of Jeff's "poor" taste level made him less desirable for my friend.

Something similar happens to me. I was chatting with this guy online but when I found out who his "friends" are, I lost interest. And these "friends" are not just friends in the real context of the word but friends who this guys somewhat like. The kind of friends that one keep in hope of dating them someday.

Somehow the notion that these guys would be attracted to other guys that we thought are beneath our station made these guys less attractive to us. It is an unpalatable notion that he would like that type of guy and since he also liked us, by the fault we are clump together with the guys we consider ugly. They were truly tainted by association. A very elitist mentality but there you have it.

No comments: