Thursday, July 07, 2011

Blogging and me: It's my blog damn it.

As I mentioned in the beginning and in the heading, my blog is a record of my thoughts. Sort of like a diary. The difference is this blog is public. So when I mention something unpleasant about anybody I know, I would anonymize the names or places so as to not slander the actual person in public. But I will still write about the subject or incident that I have strong feelings about. It is sort of my way to release whatever feelings it is if I do not have the recourse to confront the issue or the desire to confront it. It is not gossip at all cause I am writing about the situation from my point of view. And I think my blogging is just the same as somebody talking about me to another person. That somebody needs a release of his/her feeling and he/she is sharing it to another person.

So when a person I know (who normally does not care enough to read my blog) confronts me about an incident I wrote in my blog (that I have taken care not to use the real names), I get pretty annoyed naturally. First that person has no right to sanction my thoughts cause I did not mention his/her name to begin with. Second, it is an non-issue because that particular unpleasant incident happened just between the two of us. So if he/she did not blab to another person about the incident, nobody would even have a clue it was him/her involved. And third, that person does not even read my blog normally so he/she would not have known about the entry if it was not alerted to her by another person. So now that the entry could be about him/her, he/she reads my blog? I did not want to confront him/her about my feelings but that does not preclude my need to have an outlet. It just happens to be my blog.

Finally, it is my blog damn it and I will write whatever I want. Read it or not read it. No apologies.

No comments: