Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Farewell, Harry.


I did not watch the very first show of the last Harry Potter movie but I did go on the opening weekend with my friend Richard. We were both Harry Potter lovers (not as much as others) so it was exciting times. And as usual for the 8th time, the Harry Potter movie did not disappoint. Even though I knew what happened since I read the books, it was still very magical for me to see the characters played by the actors that have grown dear to me. When I think of Harry Potter, I picture Daniel Radcliffe in mind. The same goes to each of the Harry Potter characters I have grown to love. So watching these characters go through the struggle and lost and joy as they finally defeat the dark lord Voldemort was very satisfyingly gratifying.

The movie was full of magical actions and it was littered with very sad moments too. I heard so many sniffles in the theatre, including myself, as the heart breaking scenes of death, destruction and love were played out. Specially when they brought back the major characters that died in the earlier movies like James Potter, Lily Potter, Albus Dumbledore and Sirius Black. Seeing how every good wizards and witches joined to help Harry defeat Voldemort's army was just so poignant. Even the redemption of Severus Snape's character was just too much for me to contain my emotion. The cinematography and special effects were all superb which just added drama and realism in this magical story. Kudos to the director and screenwriter who made the movie flown so effortless. The last scene in movie where they showed Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione and Draco all grown up (aged by make up) 19 years later with their own children going to Hogwarts just reinforced finality to the Harry Potter story.

Thank you JK Rowling for bringing us this wonderful story of the boy who lived who came to die all for love and righteousness. Farewell Harry.

No comments: