Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Good deed for the needy feels good.

I am not the type who would normally give money to a street peddler or beggar. Specially if they look able bodied. Even if they are children, I won't give money cause I am always afraid those kids have a ring leader that actually collects the money and they just use the kids to beg for it. If anything else, I might give food to a beggar so that I know it will be eaten rather than used to buy drugs or alcohol.

Today at the Filipino Grocery, there was a elderly beggar asking for food. He looked sickly and hungry so I gave him the free meal I got for spending more than $75 of grocery. It was rice and beef afritada dish. I figured the food I gave him would at least fill his stomach and not used for alcohol. And also, I did not really have an excuse to be selfish. I got the meal for free so it did not even cost me anything. It was the perfect moment to be generous to the needy. I am not always altruistic but I must admit doing a good deed does feels good.

No comments: