Sunday, August 14, 2011

I saw Tony Hadley of Spandau Ballet


Today I went back to the Market Days festival to check out the happenings and the boys more. I pass by the north stage and heard "true" being sang. I just remembered that Tony Hadley of Spandau Ballet was scheduled to perform so I stayed and watch him. Tony looks older and plumper than that Tony I remember from my old Spandau Ballet poster in college. Of course it is natural that his appearance changed since that was more than 20 years ago. His voice though was still strong, bold and full. It was such a pleasure to hear him sing those songs that I am familiar with growing up. He even sang some U2 and Duran Duran song. His final song was "Gold". The band that played with him was also just as talented and entertaining. Awesome show and even better that it was free. I was literally 15 feet away from the stage and that was the icing to an already tasty cake.


No comments: