Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bath, not so luxurious.

It was a nice cold evening when I had nothing much to do so I decided to have a warm bath. I can't remember the last time I had a bath alone. I do remember having a bath with my ex Todd when we were dating but that was over 10 years ago. So I went ahead and set up the bath and poured half of the remaining bottle of the bubble bath soap. The bubble bath soap did create bubbles but the bubbles were covering only half of the water. So when I was in the tub, half of my body parts were exposed under clear water. I felt naughty without my body covered by bubbles. I know it was silly. Initially the warm water felt good but soaking there only made my fingers pruny fast. Also I was too long at 5 feet 10 inches for a standard bath size. So it was either my upper body was above water or my legs. I also tried folding my legs so my whole body can be soaking in the warm water. The experience got old fast so I drained the tub and started rinsing my both with the shower. And on top of that, I still have to shampoo my hair and wash my face under the shower. After drying myself, I felt so tired owing to the warm water immersion I had. Then I had to apply lotion all over my body cause that warm water bath is so drying to the skin. I know I would start having winter itch if I did not moisturize.

So all in all, the bath experience was not so luxurious was it is often described. More work than the leisure it gave me. I would give the experience a 2 star out of 5. Something I would not be in a hurry to repeat. I will take my shower anytime over the bath.

No comments: