Wednesday, March 14, 2012

An icing to the cake that is leaving St. Mary

I left St. Mary because of a irreconcilable situation. Management was lousy that working there was not worth it anymore. Although I am not regretting that decision but since I left that job, I have been hoping for something better to come my way. Then I accepted a part time employment with Accelerated Rehab at Skokie with the hope that that would open the door for a full time employment on an Accelerated clinic near my home. That would really be a better situation. But somehow that full time employment near my home never came to fruition. So recently, I started sending out applications again to facilities near my home. This past Monday Alden Rehab at Lawrence Avenue, not even half a mile from my home, called. An interview was set up this morning. By this evening, I was offered $42/hour with benefits. My employment at St. Mary paid me $41/hour. My current employment with Accelerated pays me $43/hour but that did not include benefits. So this $42/hour is a very good deal. And on top of that, my new manager is flexible with my work hours as long as I get the patient seen. So the flexibility, pay rate and proximity to my home, all adds up to a very good situation for me. The very "better" that I have been hoping for. This made my decision to leave St. Mary even extra worth it. The icing to the cake.

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Sometimes you have to get rid of what's not working in your life - whether it's a gadget, a person, a situation, etc. Then you make way in your life for something better to come along. Glad to hear this, Jon.

Jon said...

thanks cez. i truly agree with what you post here and what you have blogged before about getting rid of what is not positive in your life. life is too short to waste on aspects of our lives that only bring vexations.