Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I lived longest in Chicago

As I embark on the next chapter of my life which is moving to the LA area, I felt a little apprehensive about leaving Chicago behind. Sure there is really nothing that is holding me back here in Chicago but still Chicago has been home to me for the longest time in my whole 43 years of existence. Yes I have lived here in Chicagoland (2 years suburbs) for 19 years. That is almost half of my life time. The second longest place I have lived in is Bacolod for about 13 years. I spent my childhood in Bacolod until I went to college and then another year before I came here to the USA. Third longest is Iloilo City. I lived there till I was about 4 years old then another 3 years in college. And the 4th and last place that I have lived the longest is Manila. 5 years was spent in Manila for college and work.

I have no time schedule as to when I want to move to LA but I am currently working on what I needed to live and work in LA. I do not know if I will end up retiring in the LA area. I do not know how long I will stay in LA but knowing me, I will probably settle down and not leave LA. It is interesting to wonder how LA will rank in the length of time I have lived in an area.

No comments: