Monday, August 27, 2012

Bourne Legacy, the review

I have always been a fan of the Jason Bourne movies.  And this 4th installment, Bourne Legacy, proved itself not to disappoint again.  Edward Norton, Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz filled in quite nicely in this movie.

The movie was action packed but it did not overwhelm the story.  The story connected well with the last Jason Bourne movie and it was good to see the continuity.   Although Jason Bourne himself was not in the movie, this story relate itself to him quite fluidly.  Kudos to the story/script writers.   On the other hand, the movie could have stood alone well enough for those who have not seen the 3 previous Jason Bourne movies.

Bourne Legacy was shot on Alaska, east coast, Chicago and Manila.  A big portion of the movie was in Manila and it was a treat to see my old stumping ground.  There were places that was familiar to me.  The filipino extras and their dialogue in Filipino was amusing to me and my other filipino friends who saw it with me.  I do have some beef about some of the scenes shot in Manila.  First, the Filipino security supervisor who spoke with Rachel in English did not have enough of the Filipino accent.  I felt the production trained him to speak with an American accent.  Although filipino are educated in english early in life, they for the most part will speak with a filipino accent.  Another not so believable scenario was the car chase scene.  While Jeremy and Rachel were on a motorcycle zig zagging through Manila traffic, an assassin was chasing them in a car.  I did not believe that a car can effectively chase a motorcycle in Manila traffic.  It is just not so believable having known what Manila traffic is.

Beside those 2 scenarios that I have to mention, the movie was an absolute delight.  I would give it a 4 stars out of 5.  I will definitely get a copy with it is released.

No comments: