Monday, August 06, 2012

Hot Air balloon problem

Last year, I bought 2 tickets for Hot Air Ballooning so I could take my mom for the experience.  As it turned out, our scheduled trip was cancelled so many time for multiple reasons (mostly bad weather condition).  Even earlier this summer, our trip was cancelled again multiple times.  Now my mom can't go with me anymore and I am stuck with 2 tickets that I already paid for.  The tickets can be transferred to another person but even with that, I was having a hard time finding a friend to go with me.  Sam and Richard are afraid of heights so they declined to join me.  Ron had hip problems that he can not step over the balloon basket so he can't join me either.   Tom was not really interested but since perhaps he did not want to refuse me, he dragged on his final answer for weeks which was eventually a no anyways.  I knew he was going to say no cause I have seen it before.  It would have been better if he just refused to begin with.  That would have saved me some waiting.  So I offered to take my cousin's kid Nicole instead.  I offered the ticket as a gift that she does not have to pay for.  My cousin is always so kind to my mom so giving this $175 ticket to Nicole for a cool experience was nothing really.  Initially Nicole agreed to do it.  I spoke with her mom (my cousin) and she was ok with Nicole going with me.  Later that evening, I got a text from Nicole saying that her dad won't let her go cause it is dangerous.  Ok...  whatever.  Now I am running out of people to go with.  Then I thought of my friend Pon.  Pon and I are not close friends but we are friends nonetheless.  So I asked him if he would be interested with Hot Air ballooning.  To my surprise, he was and we were able to schedule our trip that same day.   No fuss and all.   He is even paying for the price of his ticket.    I just hope our trip won't be cancelled this time.  I really want to get this over with.

My advice is this.  Unless you have the time and patience to be reschedule many times, do not bother buying this Hot Air Balloon tickets.  The tickets are only good for 18 months and chances are you will end up with no balloon ride and $175 less in your bank.  If I knew what I know now, I would not have bothered buying this ticket.

No comments: