Thursday, August 02, 2012

Door closed, window opened.

I am not a spiritual or religious person. So I do not normally subscribe to sayings that involved God or Lord or Jesus. But there is one saying from the Sound of Music that I feel really hold some truth.

When the Lord closes the door, somehow He opens the window. 

For every adversity and challenge that one suffers, there is always some silver lining that somehow will make things a little better. Things happen for a reason and my friend Franny just have to remind me of that again.

Recently something bad happened at work. So now my pre-planned schedule is somewhat thrown out the window. This incident made me just decide to do one thing much sooner than planned. This certainly screwed my plans but at least one person very important to me is overjoyed by this change of plan. I am glad that I made someone dear to me very happy. That is the silver lining to the bad luck I just had. Indeed the Lord did open the window for me when He closed the door.  I shall not fret, all will work out in the end.

No comments: