Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Sex and the City and me.


I know myself. And I know which movie I will enjoy and those I would be annoyed with. So I never listen to the critics and the ratings they give. I give my own rating.

And for Sex and the City 2, I give it a 5 stars out of 5 based solely on how much laughs I got from it. It was pure enjoyment and happiness. It made me escape my mundane problems and for 2 hours, I was immersed in a world of fabulous outfits and exotic locations. And the gratuitous male butt scenes just added icing to the cake. I grant that the movie will appeal probably only to gays and females, it was still cleverly written with plenty of hilarious catch phrases and lines. The movie had a general theme of girl power and friendship that I was able to relate to. And yes, it was probably a little anti-Islam. But considering that the Islamic faith is not the best champion of female rights, a movie that promotes girl power by default would be viewed as anti-Islam. But honestly, I did not care. I did not care that some say the movie is nothing but a fashion show in the middle east. It was still a dame good fashion show. I did not care that the movie, had a very weak conflict to the story line. I would still take it over a movie with a complicated and convoluted conflict and story line that leaves me puzzled at the end.

As I mentioned earlier, I know myself and I knew I would enjoy this movie and it delivered. Can't wait for the 3rd installment of the fabulous Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte.

No comments: