Sunday, July 22, 2012

RIP Uncle P

Several days ago, the eldest brother of my mother passed away. He was very old and it was not surprising he did not recover from his latest bout of pneumonia. I remembered Uncle P to be this out spoken authority figure who will say things as he sees it. In fact I was apprehensive to see him during my first return to the Philippines after living here in the States for almost 10 years. I was already out to my family, including my cousins, and I felt that he might chastise me for being gay. But he was already old and timid when I saw him last and he barely spoke. I was not sure if he even recognized me or remembered me. That is my last memory of Uncle P. It is a known fact that Uncle P helped his younger siblings a lot when they were young and had little means. He was that kind of person who holds family in high importance. I would rather remember Uncle P for that rather than a quite old man sitting on his wheelchair. Farewell Uncle P and Rest In Peace.

No comments: