Friday, April 11, 2008

Bad English

When I was in China last year, I noticed some funny public signs. This is specially true in the smaller towns. Not so much in Beijing and Shanghai. I have several examples of bad english that I took. There is this website I encountered with other funny bad english signs all over Asia.

This was taken in Xian inside a park with hot springs. There is one misspelled word and some strange sentence construction. What I find funny is the fact that this hot spring is good for breeding. Breeding of animals? Or human? Do they have sex here and conceived most of the time?

This sign was posted inside a boat that sailed down the Li River. Nothing too funny about this except the spelling of environmental.

This sign was posted on the entrance of Fubo park in Guillin. Just read the whole thing and you will see loads of bad and funny english.

No comments: