Monday, April 21, 2008

Goodbye Papa Gary

My friend Gary (Papa Gary as we call him) passed away several months ago. He moved to Palm Spring with his husband/partner Robert (Papa Robert) a year or two ago. They have been inviting me to visit them but I have not just gotten around to do it. Papa Gary was found dead on the floor by Robert one day after returning from work. It must have been a heart attack or stroke, I still do not know for sure. My only consolation is he did not suffer long. I will miss Papa Gary. I will miss his generosity and friendship. He was very fond of anything ancient Egypt related. You should see his Egyptology collections. And everytime I see or hear anything about Egyptology, I remember Papa Gary.
I have not said my proper goodbye to my friend so I am doing it now. Goodbye ole friend...

No comments: