Friday, April 18, 2008

Being Second Place sucks!

I came to a realization that in the affairs of the heart, being second place is as good as being last. My ex-bf Ed and I broke up because he wanted to pursue more with this one friend of his. So he likes this guy better than me. It was for the best in my estimation because that relationship was destined to fail for many other reasons. Then I met this Catholic guy Brian. We went out several times but not exclusively. We were both into each other and had good times. It all ended till he met this other guy whom he likes better than me. So he ended things with me to pursue a more serious relationship with this other guy. Being second place again sucked but I got over it. The third blow came when I met this guy Mark. He just ended these dating thing with a guy before me because the guy was being too jealous. So Mark and I went out several times and we had a good time as well. I thought that this could be my lucky break but that all ended when he told me that he can only be friends with me. The reason being is he and this jealous guy he dated before me met and patched things up. They wanted to give it another try. For the third time, I was second place again. The third time really sucks and a major downer. He wanted to continue hanging out with me as friends but I refused it. It is best for me to just count my losses and move on. I guess it is my self preservation instinct. I can't be around him and not be with him. Just too much to handle.
I endeavor to rally again. Have a little more optimism with matters of the heart just like Charlotte in "sex and the city". sigh...
(pic from wordseye.com)

No comments: