Monday, April 28, 2008

Observations from Milwaukee

I every so often go to Milwaukee for some continuing education required for work. And if I am there, I make it a point to go clubbing. Since I am from Chicago and am used to the Chicago gay night life, I have some observations about Milwaukee gay night life.
1. It seems that there are a lot of smokers. Perhaps it is because Chicago now has smoke free bars/restaurants ordinance.
2. There are a lot of overweight women in the gay bars. I am not sure if these are fag hags with their gay friends or I just went to a "mix" bar.
3. There are a lot of people taking pictures of their "group" in the bar. Perhaps they don't go out much and wanted to take a remembrance shot of their fun times.
4. The boys are cute and cornfed. Not exactly model body but nice enough. In fact I like it that way.
5. There seems to be no "attitude" that is prevalent in NYC or LA club scenes. It is quite refreshing actually.
6. Some guys are wearing gym shoes. That is very small town and quaint.
7. The music is not bad at all. They play some of the sounds I hear in Chicago. Some are a bit older tunes but good danceable tunes.
8. There are a lot of drag queens and crossdressers. Some have huge tiaras and sashes. Funny!