Sunday, April 06, 2008

Join them or avoid them?


I live in a area here in Chicago that is around the famous Wrigleyfield, home to the Chicago Cubs. Being born and raised outside of the USA, I have very little interest with baseball in general. I have been to a handful of Cubs game in the 13 years I have lived in the area. I must say I had a good time then. Probably because I was with good company and alcohol was involved. hahaha. Now that I have not been to a Cubs game for years, I just find it vexing every time there is a game. Traffic and congestion are horrible when there is a game. My commute to/from work, gym, store or to my friends is substantially prolonged. This is a vexation I know I have to put up with if I want to continue living in this area. If only I know somebody who I can go with, then I would not mind having the games since I will be part of the entertained folks. Or if that is too much to hope for, I will just stay in whenever there is a Cubs game. It is either I join them, or I avoid them.

1 comment:

Jon said...

looks like i a destined to hate the cubs for this year...