Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bitches...

My friend Sam told me that his ex Michael thought Sam's Asian friends are a bunch of bitches unlike Michael's Asian friends who are nice. We both laughed at the notion cause Michael obviously equate independence and authority to being a bitch. Just because us Asian friends are all accomplished, learned, financially stable and outspoken does not mean we are bitches. Unlike perhaps his Asian friends who are FOBs (fresh off the boat) without much of money and accomplishments. If I have nothing to show in terms of accomplishments and profession, I would be this timid submissive "nice" Asian too. Thank God I am not! I would rather be called a "bitch" and have what I have. And I suppose there is some truth to the saying that birds of the same feathers flock together cause all my Asian friends are at my level and proud to be "bitches".

1 comment:

richie said...

AMEN! hurray for bitches!