Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Craigslist works!

Well perhaps it did not really worked for those girls killed by the yummy handsome craigslist killer but for me it did. And I am not referring to finding love or sex in craigslist, I am referring to buying and selling stuffs in the for sale section.

For example, I have bought a used sonic care base unit there since mine decided to stop working after I failed to keep it plugged. And since the replaceable brush unit is mine and new, I did not mind buying a used base unit for just 10 dollars when the new ones cost 80 dollars. For the selling part, I have sold countless of stuff and furniture that I would otherwise just donate to the Brown Elephant resale store. When I remodeled my condo, I found my old chairs and tables to be unappealing anymore. I needed an excuse to get rid of them so I can buy new higher quality furniture. Craigslist came to my rescue. My recent sold items included the memory foam topper and sleeping bag that I don't need anymore. The key for craigslist to work are patience and reasonable pricing. If all you got are inquiries and no buyers, just keep on reposting it and perhaps lowering the price. Eventually somebody will buy them. Trust me it works.

So guys, check those basements and attics and start taking pictures of those unused items. Post them on craigslist for absolutely FREE, unlike Ebay. But the only thing you need to remember, selling stuff on craigslist are best done on a pick up and cash only basis. That is the wise thing to do.

No comments: