Friday, August 14, 2009

why am I single?

I have often been asked this questions. I guess the simpliest answer would be that I don't settle. Does it mean I am too picky for my own good? Absolutely not. I am just content to be single that I don't have to have a bf all the time to be happy. I find ample happiness and benefits from being single. I am by far not a confirmed bachelor. I want to have a bf to do things with and to be in love with but I have to have the right bf for me to give up singlehood. There are plenty of guys who are interested with me but they just somehow are not interesting to me. And the guys I would be interested with are not into me. Or if there is a mutual interest, the timing is off. So what am I to do? I say I would rather be single.

I know an ex-friend who is hardly without a bf. It would take only a month or two before he finds another guy to date. And the guys he has dated were of low quality to at best medium quality in my oppinion. Is he happy? I hope so. But from my point of view, he is one of those guys who just need to be with somebody all the time. They are those type of people who can't find happiness being single. And to be candid about it, I think they are those guys who have low standards. And I certainly don't want to be like them.

No comments: