Thursday, November 27, 2008

Milk (my official review)

Milk is a biographical story of Harvey Milk. The first openly gay elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in the 70s. He fought hard for gay rights that I enjoy today. The movie moved me very much because I am a gay man and I know how it is to be discriminated. In fact any minority group who knows how it is to be discriminated can relate to the story. Sean Penn played Milk and he was absolutely brilliant. He totally connected to me as a politician with passion and purpose. The rest of the supporting cast were also very convincing and did have an uncanny resemblance to the real people they played. Some of the film footage were actual footages of marches, gatherings and events that took place then. The part of the film that was filmed now was very 70s looking and authentic down to the costume, hair do, shades and obligatory 70s mustache. The story just flowed and got me riveted until it ended resulting to tears in my gay eyes.

(pics from canada.com, nj.com and yahoo)

No comments: