Friday, January 29, 2010

Jury Duty summon!

Last week, I received my very first Jury Duty summons. Now I can say I am truly an American! I voted and will soon be participating with one important aspect of our democratic judicial system, the jury system. I hope it is some high profile crime so I could write a book about my experience when everything is done with. hahaha. On the other hand, I don't want to be a victim of retaliation crime from the criminals I decide against. What a conundrum. haha. I am way ahead of myself here.

I still have mix feelings on the summon. The notion of being paid by my work my full wage for not doing actual work is very appealing. I am not sure whether I would be pleased to be selected or rejected for further jury duty. One thing I don't like about this summon is the start time of 8 a.m. This means I have to wake up early and drive to Maywood on a weekday. Ugh!

No comments: