Thursday, January 28, 2010

Over 170 or under?

The other week while I was at the doctor's office, the nurse weighed me and I was surprised to register at 175 pounds. I thought I am still under 170 pounds. So when I was at the gym the other day, I weighed myself again and it was 177 pounds. Wow I am really gaining weight. I am not oppose to gain weight. In fact I am glad that I did which means I am gaining more muscle bulk. And I think I am cause my shirts are getting tighter on the chest and shoulder areas. I use to be able to get away with a small (american sizing) but now I am definitely a medium. I prefer to be a definite medium than be somewhere between a small or a medium. I like my manly built now than the twiggy physique that I had. In fact at this same height of 5 feet 10 inches in High School, I was a 127 pounds. Just imagine how thin that was. And 27 years later, I am now a 177 pounds. 50 pounds of muscles (and fat) gained. The only aspect of my current physique that I do not care for is the waistline. It too has grown from a size 28 to a size 32. If I could bring down my midsection to a size 30, I would be very pleased with my body.

Just last night I decided to weigh myself naked at home and it registered at 169 pounds. How can my shoes and clothes weigh more than 5 pounds? And the scale reported me at 20% body fat. I am now torn as to which scale to believe. I am torn whether I want to be under or over 170 pounds... One thing I am sure, I want to be under 15% body fat. More hard work out needed or a lipo...

No comments: