Saturday, February 06, 2010

competition and friendship

I know two people who I think in paper could be closer friends with but are not in reality. I share many things with them that could really bond us as greater friends but somehow the friendship is not blossoming. I have tried to be better friends with these two by keeping in touch and initiating activities but I feel I am getting the lack luster response. I am not 100% sure of the reason behind it but upon further analysis, I think one good plausible reason is competition. These two people I am referring to probably feel I am competing for the attention that they prefer to have. I swear I am not trying to compete with them on purpose. They just probably feel I am competing with what they want whether consciously or subconsciously. In one of the person I am referring to, I feel he finds me as a competition for the men he would rather attract. In another person I am referring to, I feel he finds me competing for the attention of our friends that he would rather have to himself. I know I sound egotistical by saying this for I am well aware that they may actually find me abrasive. They could have a very good reason for resisting better friendship with me but upon greater analysis of their relationship with people that they are better friends with, I came up with this plausible explanation. I guess I would never know for sure. It is all conjecture from my end here. Oh well. Nothing much I could do if they do not really want to be good friends with me. Que sera sera. Cest la vie. I have nothing to worry if they would see this blog for I am sure they care not to read my blog.

No comments: