Friday, February 12, 2010

Trying out match.com

Don't get me wrong, I am fairly happy being single. I am able to do whatever I want whenever I want. One thing that I do not care about being single is being singular itself. This means nobody to do things with for the most part. There are also the holidays being alone. Anyways, I do not have a tribe of friends or family close by and those that I care to do things with are not always available. And there are many shows, places and things I still want to experience. I am not exactly the person who like to do things alone (well except for a few unmentionables) or travel alone. And sometimes, I can not do things all by myself. One obvious advantage of having a bf is having somebody to do fun things with. Somebody to travel with. Somebody to ice skate with. Somebody to help me turn the mattress. And most importantly, somebody I care to do things with.

So with that in mind, I have decided to try match.com. It may cost me 100 bucks but what the hell. Money I can make easily, opportunities I can not. So since I did not renew my gay.com premium subscription, I can funnel that money to match.com. People who are in match.com, who have invested real money, will most likely be more serious about meeting people. And there won't be any fake profiles in match.com unlike in gay.com. Gay.com is free so anybody can make a profile and pretend to be somebody.

Now I just have to wait and see how this pans out for me.

No comments: