Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy to be a Medium

There is one sad fact that I don't seem to remember every now and then. That is that I do not fit on a size small from H&M anymore. The problem is H&M makes their "small" long but narrow on the chest area. Being 5 foot 10 inches at 168 pound with a coat size of 38-40, the length of the "small" is perfect for me but the chest area is always tight. Obviously H&M's idea of a "small" is a lean kind of guy. And since I lift weights and do pack a decent amount of muscle, I am no longer an H&M version of "small". That thin tall guy that I was in high school no longer exist and I am not regretting a ounce of it. I just have to remember every time I shop at H&M that the shirt which seems to fit well in the store will shrink to a size that can be a little too tight in the chest area eventually. I have suffered many buyer's remorse over my H&M purchases. "I am a medium" will be my new mantra.

No comments: