Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Musee Orsay

The Orsay Museum was a train station transformed into a Museum. So the interior was not built originally to be a museum. Perhaps that was the reason why it was rather confusing to get around the museum. Not user friendly at all but that did not diminish the richness of the artworks it houses. While mama sat at the bottom because her sore foot, I ventured around the museum. Sometimes I got lost a little but managed to find my way. Here are some photos I took during our trip there.

2 comments:

Greg Konowitz said...

I love the Orsay. It has such a feelng of lightness, it also helps that they hold several paintings from my all time favorite painter Monet. One of which you snapped here.

Jon said...

Orsay do have an impressive collections of impressionist. although I might add that our very own Art Institute also boast a good collection of impressionist including your beloved monet. Have a good Holiday season Greg. ;-)