Friday, March 28, 2008

Blogging and me (part 2)

One of the satisfaction one gets from his/her creation is knowing that it is being appreciated. This is true with artist. One kind of artist is the writer. I can only imagine what satisfaction a writer get from getting a good review of his/her work. The satisfaction from being acknowledge by awards and recognitions.
It is my belief that bloggers are writers wannabe to some degree. If a blogger does not want his/her writings to be read by others, why would he/she post it in a public blog? He/she could have easily made a private journal instead. So like writers, bloggers also gets a satisfaction that someone out there is appreciating his/her writings. At the very least in knowing that someone is reading it. I remember Ta Pinky proudly proclaiming that X amount of people are reading our blog "Stagenotes". Well, Ta Lani has this program that could track that data. I do not have that program to track the amount of readers of my personal blog but I know a few people who do read it. I know this from their comments or personal emails. I was specially shocked that my mumsy reads it too. She thanked me for the Birthday greeting I posted here. And just tonight, I was thrilled to see comments from my dear cousin. I must confess at this point, that one satisfaction I get from blogging is simply in knowing that my friends and family read it. And also, dare I say that perhaps I am a writer wannabe?

No comments: