Sunday, March 09, 2008

Should I be annoyed or amused?

My 7 year old car Doty has a temperamental driver's side power window. It is hard to close it sometimes so as a result I rarely open it. I was once driving on a saturday night around 11 pm down halsted street in boystown to find parking. I was going to make a right turn and stopped at a red light. Then there was this black 50ish guy with glasses in his car on my left mouthing/saying something at me. I had the window closed (t'was very cold) so I could not hear what he was saying. I thought he was asking for directions, so I reluctantly opened the window to hear what he was saying. Lo and behold he said: "Do you want a date?" in his Jamaican/Caribbean accent. I was so annoyed at that moment but now thinking back, I am not sure whether I should be amused instead. I mean, who ask that question to a stranger in the car while waiting for the light? I guess a hooker would but he was clearly not one. Did I look like I was desperately looking for sex? lol At least we can all admire his fearlessness to just ask what he wants... lol So strange indeed.

No comments: